Hello, this page includes credentials, training and work experience.
Janet Moo Tein Ni, RDMP, MSPS
Registered Dance Movement Psychotherapist, Association of Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK,
Member, Singapore Psychological Society
- BA Psychology, University of Windsor, Ontario
- Diploma Dance, ASWARA (National Arts Academy), Kuala Lumpur
- Postgraduate Diploma Dance Movement Therapy, Wesley Institute, Sydney
- MSc Mental Health in Learning Disabilities, King’s College London
- MA Dance Movement Psychotherapy, Goldsmiths University of London.
CIMB Regional Scholarship: 2010 and 2014.
In 2010, I pioneered Dance Movement Therapy in Malaysia, providing dance therapy to children with autism and/or learning disabilities at an early intervention centre briefly, before being awarded the CIMB Regional Scholarship 2010 to pursue further training in the UK.
In 2014, as part of CIMB Investment Bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative, I provided dance therapy to children at the National Autism Society of Malaysia (NASOM) and delivered teacher training to NASOM teachers.
In London from 2011-2017, some of the organisations I have worked with to provide dance therapy, specialist dance teaching and Special Educational Needs (SEN) teaching assistance include:
- SEN schools and colleges, e.g. Spa Secondary School (autism), Sybil Elgar School (National Autistic Society), Orchard Hill College (students with mixed disabilities)
- Mainstream schools with SEN provision, e.g. Limetree Primary School, Oaklands School, Perseid Primary School, Barlby Primary School, Elfrida Primary School
- Day centres for people with learning disabilities, e.g. Jan Malinowski Day Centre
- Inclusive sports programmes, e.g. London PE & School Sport Network
- Children’s performing arts programmes, e.g. Creative Movements London
- Community centres for disadvantaged parents and children, e.g. St. Vincent’s Family Project.